Continuing Student Applications includes the following documents:
- One page resume with phone number, HU student ID, and email you will check for notification
- Hampton University Transcripts (unofficial is fine).
- One letter of recommendation from a Hampton University representative on letterhead (i.e. professor, advisor, administrator, etc.)
- One page essay: “Where do you see yourself in 5 years and how will a degree from Hampton help you meet your goals?”
- Students must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Students must have submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Students enrolled in online degree programs are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship amount is $6,000- $3,000 per semester.
- Awardees must maintain a 3.0 Cumulative Grade Point Average for the continuance of the scholarship.
- Students must provide a minimum of 50 hours of service to a University entity per semester. Students must provide 20 hours in the months of Oct. Nov. Feb, March. 10 hours in the months of December and April. The placement and hours are to be coordinated by the Hampton University Office of Alumni Affairs.
- All scholarship recipients must be enrolled full-time.
- Provisional consideration for all scholars: “If an endowed scholarship recipient does not meet the original 3.0 GPA requirement, the Board reserves the right to place this student on probation for one semester, only if the cumulative GPA of 3.0 can be mathematically obtained by the following semester. If it is determined that the cumulative GPA of 3.0 is not mathematically obtainable the award will be immediately terminated. This probation option will only be allowed once during the entire scholarship and college enrollment period.
- Students who have acquired sufficient hours for graduation and need no more than six (6) semester hours to graduate at the end of their junior year may be granted a summer school stipend not to exceed ½ of the scholarship. The scholarship is terminated after the summer session.
All of the above criteria must be met or the student forfeits the funds. It is extremely important that recipients understand that they MUST complete the service component and CANNOT fall below the required cumulative grade point average.
Zip files and documents sent separately will not be accepted.
Deadline for Continuing Students: June 15th
Send application packets and questions to: email@example.com